MEI Maverick Engineering offers cost effective solutions to a wide range of engineering challenges. Our approach provides industrial, commercial and public sector clients with responsive, practical and economical strategies for completing projects on time and on budget.
Each decade, the industrial projects get larger and more complex, and therefore require more quality expertise in participant interface, accountability, and oversight. Our experienced Project Management services team will insure your project interests and objectives are met in a timely, cost-effective manner through thorough monitoring, assessments, analysis, and reporting on every phase of the project. MEI’s project management team can be trusted to provide single-point responsibility, while working closely with the client as owner’s representative and with all project participants. We can provide these project management services for the entire program, project or custom-fit to a portion of the project.
Our experienced Project Management group offers a vast array of benefits to our clients, including:
- single-point contact
- flexible staffing dependent on project needs
- Most cost-effective use of resources
- top priority on safety
- Identification and alignment of all stakeholders
- Improved risk management
- Less revisions during detailed engineering and construction
- Improved schedule and performance
- Improved project quality
- Cost control and value engineering
- Readily available information and project status reporting
- Controlled trend identification and management of change
- Improved project execution with lessons learned
MEI has adopted a Phased-Gated Approach to provide precise management control during the determination of Contracting Strategy, Project Planning and Project Execution of projects.
For the planning phases, a Front End Loading (FEL) technique is applied to:
- Mitigate risk associated with inadequate project definition,
- Lower project cost through Value Improvement Practices and
- Establish realistic goals for project execution.
For the execution phases, an Earned Value Project Management (EVPM) technique is applied to ensure projects stay on track. The principles of Earned Value are outlined by the Project Management Institute (PMI), recognized worldwide since the 60’s as the benchmark in Project Management. Earned Value (EV) is our scorecard for progress on projects and includes Cost Performance Indices (CPI) and Schedule Performance Indices (SPI).
Using our proven approach, MEI adds value in two ways:
- Reduce Total Installed Cost (TIC) through Front-End-Loading (FEL) and Value Improvement Practices (VIP), and
- Reduce Capital Cost/ Improve Early Start-Up by restraining creep in scope and schedule through Earned Value Project Management.
For additional information, contact our offices.